Products You May Like
In this article:
Even with vision benefits, contact lenses can cost you a pretty penny. If you’re looking for affordable contact lenses, you likely know that your eye doctor or local optical shop is probably the most expensive way to buy them. Instead, you’ll want to buy contact lenses online to get the best deals.
There are many online stores that offer every contact lens brand you can think of, often at discounted prices or with rebates. We’ve rounded up some of the best places to buy contacts online below. Our best overall pick for best online contacts retailer is Warby Parker. However, by shopping around you can get the most savings and find a store that lets you use your
to help offset the cost.
So, ready to ditch the frames and dive in? Here is where you can find contacts at an affordable price.
Best places to buy contact lenses online
How to order contacts online
Buying contact lenses online is just as safe as buying them from your eye doctor, as you get the same lenses you’d find at the optical shop. The process requires a little extra effort than getting them from your eye doctor, but you’ll be rewarded with savings.
To get started, you just need to follow a few easy steps.
- Have your contact lens prescription.
- Search for the brand and model of contacts from your prescription at any of the stores above to find your specific lenses. Disposable contacts are sold in boxes, and most online shops give you a deal if you buy a six or 12 month supply, rather than one box at a time.
- During the checkout process, you’ll enter your prescription information to select the correct lenses and then submit verification of your prescription. Most stores allow you to upload an image or PDF of your prescription, or you can opt for the company to contact your doctor to verify it. This process can take as little as a few minutes or up to a few days if the store contacts your doctor.
- Once that process is complete, your order will be finalized and cleared to ship directly to you.
How to save money on contact lenses
Pro tip: Right after your contact lens exam, it’s almost always worth it to get a year’s supply of your current prescription. Regardless of whether you’re buying daily disposable contacts, monthly lenses or even multifocal contacts, buying in bulk will help you save money.
If your prescription changes sometime during that year, many of the retailers above will allow you to exchange unopened boxes with a new prescription. You don’t have much to lose by buying a full year supply. Though it can be a higher up-front cost, you’ll save money over buying one box at a time.
Tips to buy contacts online
If you are considering buying contacts online, keep these things in mind to ensure you make a safe purchase.
- Be sure to have a valid prescription from your eye doctor. Whether you buy in a store or online, a prescription is required to ensure you get the correct prescription strength.
- Shop around at different online contacts retailers to find the best deals and look at customer reviews.
- Double- and triple-check the details on your order before placing.
- Make sure you have (or also purchase) all of the care supplies you need to ensure the safety and longevity of your contacts.